Adjust font-size

Moving out

There is a lot to think about when you are moving, for instance how carefully you must  clean. To make it easier for you, we have gathered information in our folder Time to move? (for apartments) Time to move? (for dorms).

Please contact your Area Landlord or our Customer Service Centre if you have any questions.

Show your apartment

The customers who are offered to rent your apartment often want to take a look at it before they accept or turn down the offer. You as a departing tenant, have an obligation to show the next tenant your apartment. If you are unable to show your apartment, please contact your Area Landlord and give her or him authorization to show the apartment on your behalf.

Inspection of your apartment

Before you move out, your Area Landlord gives you a date when he or she will inspect your apartment. We appreciate it if you are able to attend the inspection so that you and your Area Landlord are able to solve possible problems. Your apartment will not have to be empty and cleaned at the time of inspection, however, keep in mind that you must remove as much as possible from the walls, for instance shelves and paintings or other wall decorations.  

Leave the keys to your Area Landlord

When you are moving out, all keys are to be returned to your Area Landlord, including any copies that you have made. This also applies for keys to engine heaters, garages, storage areas and the key you use when booking the laundry room. You give all keys to your Area Landlord. If any keys are missing, we must charge you according to a fixed price list.

The apartment is to be ready for the next tenant and the keys returned to the Area Landlord no later than 12 noon on the day of moving in. If this occurs on a weekend or a public holiday, the time that applies is 12 noon on the first working day after the holiday or weekend. Find out more

Power of attorney - permission for new tenant to move in earlier

To be able to rewrite the contract to an earlier date we need a power of attorney from you, the departing tenant. This also applies if it on the notice of termination has been stated that the apartment may be available from an earlier date. If you, the departing tenant, have agreed with the new tenant on an earlier date of entry than the regular date of entry for that apartment, do like this:

  • Log on to your personal page. Below “My contracts” you will find the power of attorney that you are able to sign electronically.
  • If you do not have access to a computer send us a written power of attorney. You can download it here.

NB: We only rewrite contracts to the 1 st or the 15 th of each month. If the new tenant wants to take over your contract earlier, that request must be made no later than 4 weekdays before the contract expires in order for the Area Landlord to be able to inspect your apartment before you are moving out. The departing tenant is responsible for telling the new tenant when you have sent the power of attorney. He or she must then order a new contract that later on can be signed via the personal page.

Rent payment

If you as the departing tenant already have paid for the month in question we will pay you back the excess amount.

If you are paying using direct debit and a new tenant is moving in to your apartment on the next turn of the month, please remember to notify our Customer Service Centre to stop the direct debit.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Centre at 090-17 77 00.


Telephone exchange

Phone: 090-17 75 00

Area Landlords

Contact list

Customer Service Centre

E-mail: Kundcenter
Phone: 090-17 77 00

Phone hours, Customer Service Centre

Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9 am–3 pm
Tuesday, Thursday 9 am-12 noon
Closed 12 noon–1 pm

Visiting hours

Monday–Thursday 9 am–4.30pm
Fridays 9 am–3 pm
Closed 12 noon–1 pm


Visit: Östra Kyrkogatan 2,
Moritzska gården
Mail: Box 244, 901 06 Umeå.

Broadband support

090-17 77 17

Emergency number

If serious faults occur after office hours or during weekends, please call 090-14 26 10.

In the event of fire, accidents or burglary, please call 112.

To receive or give information regarding accidents or crises, please call 113 13