About the project
Sustainable Ålidhem is a unique pilot project for sustainable urban development which involves social, technological, environmental and economic changes. The biggest changes will be noticed at Matematikgränd and Geografigränd.
The overall project goal is to reduce energy consumption in the area, create areas that are safer and more pleasant, and transform Ålidhem into the sustainable district.
Facts - Sustainable Ålidhem
- Refurbishing of 405 apartments which will lead to a reduced energy consumption of 40–50 percent.
- 137 new apartments have been built on nya Geografigränd. They have an energy consumption of 65 kWh/sqm per year, which is about 50 percent less than what is demanded according to todays construction norm.
- Complex of photovoltaic cells that when finished will consist of more than 2800 sqm - one of the largest in Sweden which is estimated to produce about 280 000 kWh every year.
- A winter garden that during the ligter period of the year will get all its power through photovoltaic cells.
- New washing machines that are connected to the district heating system, which reduce the consumption of electricity.
- A display (Echolog) is installed in each apartment. It shows the consumption of electricity and hot and cold water.
Find out more about Bostadens environmental work
Read more about the new Geografigränd (in Swedish)
Drawings of the new houses in Geografigränd
Read more about the project's work to renovate Matematikgränd and Geografigränd